Feeling lost

Morning everyone,

I feel like I only come in here these days to moan, sorry, I’m so confused with my feelings at the moment though.

so diagnosed with stage 1 on 16th May, felt incredibly positive from the minute I found out, had a lumpectomy last Friday 31st, felt a bit down on the Saturday but picked up during the week.

Yesterday was the first time I cried about it all, I can’t stop thinking to myself will I be here in 2, 5, 10 years? My daughter turned 12 last week and I can’t bear the thought of not being therefor her through her teenage years. 

I lost my mum to oral cancer when I was 30, my sister and I nursed her for 18months and it was horrendous. My mum smoked her entire life and I would imagine this maybe was a factor in why she got it.  But I just keep thinking she only lasted 18 months, what if I’m the same, my daughter will only be 13.

Is all this normal, I hate feeling so negative and I was doing so well.

Sorry again for such a negative post:-(

• Hi ploppy, don't worry nearly every one's first time on the forum, they like to" let off steam "any how welcome, your behaviour is normal with everything that's going on, hopefully others will join you to talk with soon, you don't need to be on your best behaviour here, if you want you can try" the good and the bad "string ladies with your problem, good luck.

Billy 

• Hi again, I'm surprised others haven't joined in to talk to you, remember stage 1 is low we've got people on here stage 4 and they're going to be fine you haven't said where IT is, we can guess but it's nice to know for sure,. Don't forget if you want to have a good' 'rant' 'there's plenty of room on these pages,

Billy 

• Thank you Billy that’s so kind of you to reply to me x

• Hi again where have you got C lodes of ladies have brest C some other places i can get in touch with them if you let me know where. 

Billy 

• I’ve got it in the breast, just had to go to hospital as my wound started bleeding, seems I have an infection, got to go back later :-( 

• I'll see if [@Marlyn]‍ ‍ will get in touch

Billy 

• Hi ploppy ..

Just wanted to pop on, and say your not alone ... there's lots of us breast lasses on here... but I know there's lots with breast issues at the mo, and it's hard to get to everyone ...

But our Billy is doing a grand job ... and so glad he's here ... even with his journey at the moment ...

But a grade 2 means it's been caught early ... I came on here 2 years ago, like you .. wondering if I'd see my amazing daughter through her school summer holiday.... I had a grade 3 ... so even planned my funeral ... needless to say those plans are put away safely, hopefully for a while yet .. 

I cryed for nearly 2 days... shut away in my bedroom ... not seeing anyone .. but you know it helped me get all those emotions out .. I found a strength to get up.. get myself a pair of vertual boxing gloves and got in the ring ready to kick it's ***... cancer wants us to lay down and never get up... it doesn't like us strong .. but you know when you get it all out.... get some vertual boxing gloves and get in the ring with all of us... you can do this .. it's not a walk in the park, but it is doable...

Yes have down days .. tell yourself it's o.k .. admit it's really scary ... but get back up and look cancer square in eye ... and tell it , your ready to fight ... you know the meaning of STRONG is feeling scared witless but still doing what you have to anyway...

Chrissie xx

• Thank you Chrissie & Billy,

You are both so lovely.

Id planned a trip to the coast today but am due back at the hospital later to check my wounds, I’m just cross how much time it takes up, does that sound pathetic? 

X

• Hi ploppy,

you don't sound pathetic at all love....our lives go on hold for a bit with a cancer diagnosis, I'm really sorry to hear you have an infection.....

grade 1 is as early as it gets.....you in for rads when all healed up? 

Be kind to yourself, you've had a shot across the boughs......I'm still struggling to get my head around it all and I was diagnosed in Dec.....xxxxxx

• Hi ploppy me again it might help you to have a look at a string called "the good and the bad" you might be plesently (i know it's spelt wrong) surprised, good luck.

Billy