Feeling lonely

Waiting for results is the worst thing. Had breast cancer and mastectomy six years ago. Diagnosed just before Christmas. Now got suspect cancer of the womb. Consultant said is likely to come back positive.

Got all the family this weekend for my Dads 90th party. Have come out to get organised. Sat in M&S cafe feeling sorry for myself and bit lonely.  Feel like a good cry.

Don't want to spoil dad's party so not telling anyone until results come through. So it's nice to h

ave this forum. 

Thanks for reading xx

• Hi there ..

Bless ya, it's really hard telling those close to us ... but oh how lonely it is keeping it to your self ..  it's something we all think about .. those pesky secondaries... but there's lots on here, that's put their old boxing gloves on and get in the ring ready to kick it's *** yet again ... 

So you have that birthday , what a grand age 90 ... and then you need to tell someone ... don't do this on your own .. and you have your tears .. get it out .. cuss at it ... and then get back in with us ... lots of us there ... wer here for a chat or you can just "let it all out" on here ...

Sending you a vertual hug.... Chrissie x

• You're a survivor and a fighter for getting through it first time. And I pray that it turns out not to be anything serious now, but if it is that you get through it as quickly and easily as possible.

It was the title of your post that got me. Having cancer has made me feel so lonely too. Even though my family knows, I don't think you can understand unless you've had cancer yourself. Hence me reading through these forums.. this is my first post.

i hope you were able to take your mind of things and enjoy the party x

• Hi Tsumak 18

Thank you for your kindness and for taking the time to reply. Your post helped me. I am still waiting but with a more 'laissez faire' attitude. 

I hope that you are well on the road to recovery and send big hugs x

• Hi Chrissie

Thank you for your kindness - I am touched that you took the time to reply. I am waiting for the results before I tell the rest of the family but my husband knows.

Boxing gloves are back on this week, thanks for putting that picture in my head. I may even kick some *** too!

If you have been affected by cancer yourself I hope that you are doing well and send big hug back to you x

• Hi there ...

Yea l had a grade three breast cancer and total right masectomy in 2017 .. made the decision id take each day as a bonus, live it to the full as possible, have no regrets ... i look on it no one cancer or not knows if they have tomorrow.... so live in the day ... stick two fingers up to cancer .. it may have touched and changed my body, but it wont change the person i am ...coz it wants us to lay down and never get up... and its not about winning or loosing this fight, its about looking it in the eye ready to punch it back ..

That doesn't mean I don't have bad days .. but I just go with it .. cuss , yell , and get scared ... but after it's all out , back on with the gloves ... let us know how you go ... Chrissie xx

• Hi Chrissie

Sorry to hear that. I had left mastectomy in 2014 - between us we could make a whole one lol.

Certainly makes you look at life differently and enjoy every moment.

Hope your bad days are few and far between

Take care

Jan