EWINGS SARCOMA

Hi i was wondering if anyone has a child with ewings or someone thats child did have it is on here...my daughter whom is 11 has it and ir being treated for it ..

• Hi Vivi12,

Welcome to Cancer Chat. We don't often have people come on here to post about Ewings Sarcoma, but I hope someone gets in touch soon to share experiences with you.

There was a lady last year who posted here, but she was unable to find someone to chat to with experience of Ewings Sarcoma. Perhaps you could try posting onto her thread? She will receive an email notification that she has received a reply and hopefully she'll get in touch.

Best wishes to you and your daughter,

Renata

Cancer Chat Moderator

• Hi Renata,

Back along late 2010/early2011 there was a young man called Jesse with this diagnosis who posted on here for a while, he was one of a twin and lived in Holland or Belgium, not sure if he can still be contacted because it was before you had to take control of the PM system. Pat

• Hi Cougar69

Thanks for the tip off!

Welcome to Cancer Chat Vivi12. You could post on Jesse's thread here. He may respond to you.

Best wishes

Jane

• Hello, my son (21) has recently (May) been diagnosed with Ewing's Sarcoma in his right shoulder blade.  He has just started  the VIDE chemotherapy which he has to have 6 cycles of prior to surgery.  The tumour itself has shrunk even after the first session of chemo.  We, as a family, are really struggling with this as you can imagine.  Hope your little girl is coping with the treatment.

• hi everyone

i was diagnosed with a soft tissue sarcoma in 2008 in my buttock with a bone metastes, they diagnosed it as a Ewings sarcoma. I had the chemo (6 cycles) and then radiotherapy as im unable to have surgery due to its location and margins.

i remember the chemo was hard going, this sarcoma is rare and more common in children/ teenage lads, so as a 38 yr old lady i was often greeted with raised eyebrows.

I remember the oncologist saying that the ewings sarcoma responds well to chemo so i hope this happens in your case.

You and your family have a journey ahead, all that i tried to do was remain positive for me and my family and i hope you can do the same. It sounds like you are looking for replies from someone with the child connection, however if you wish to ask any questions and a 38 year old ewings survivor can help,  feel free to ask me

rad x x

• I was diagnosed with ewings sarcoma in my foot and lungs in March 12. Im 18 and have just completed my 5th round of VIDE chemo, i should be due to have an operation in august to remove the rest of the tumour in my foot. Luckily i dont suffer very badly from the chemo so i can be thankfull for that! If anyone wants to ask me anything feel free

Sophie x

• I have just been diagnosed with Ewing’s , age 31, in my pelvis. Was told it was hard to operate on so they are going to use chemotherapy first and go from there. Probably radiotherapy after that. 

Can anyone help me out on anything to do with this?

I have just got home after my first session of 72 hours on a chemotherapy drip in hospital and this is my first week home.

my taste isn’t the best and im suffering from ache style spots at the momemt.