Essential Thrombocythaemia

Hi. I've been recently diagnosed as having Essential Thrombocythaemia with cancerous cells found in my bone marrow. Been suffering with it for a long time apparently so I don't think that this recent diagnosis has really sunk in as I feel so well :) This all came about after I was suffering with pain in my toes and a routine blood test after an allergic reaction to a prescribed tablet found that my platelet count was extremely high and had been for 10 years. After a bone marrow biopsy along came the diagnosis but the fact that I have cancer never sunk in until I was given leaflets with info about the blood disorder and Mcmillan and Leukaemia were printed on the front. My oral chemotherapy started yesterday so I'm waiting with baited breath for any side effects. I am active, I run my own antiques business and drive miles to collect stock and I will continue to do so. I will not let this beat me as I am told that as long as it's controlled I will be OK. I will continue to laugh and smile and fight off the lack of energy I'm being told comes with the medication.

I will appreciate any feedback from any other sufferers, any advice would be welcome.