Esophageal Cancer Stage 4

My dad was diagnosed July this year with esophageal cancer and secondary leisons in his lungs. 

My dad is has moved in with me when he was diagnosed and we are having the hospital bed delivered on Thursday of this week.   

My my question is about him being sick, he hasn’t been able to eat for weeks, he was having fortisips and did enjoy a cup of tea.  What is it that is making him sick?

• Hi there my husband has been diagnosed with oesophagus cancer and I'm terrified 

• Hello both

I'm so sorry to hear your loved ones have been diagnosed with OC.  There is lots of information on this forum.  If you type "Oesophageal Cancer" in the search bar above you should get  links to all sorts of brilliant stuff.

Janesdad, in terms of your Dads vomitting I would suggest (but I don't know) this is secretion rather than standard vomit.  When Steve was at his worst symptomatically speaking, before his op, he was often wretching but it was mucus and bile which reduced as the chemo took effect.  Please speak to your GP, there is medication to help manage this.

Karenbelle, Write down every question you have, however daft and don't leave the consultants room until you have answers to them all.  OC is horrific, BUT there is treatment available so keep everything crossed and try to take every day as it comes.  please remember in all the worry and panic, to look after yourself. 

Take care

Ruth

• Hii

My husband was also told last wednesday that  he has an aesophagal tumar .

they took biopsy and bloods that day.

He went for  a cat scan last thursday and he gets the results tomorrow , we are dreading it.

this has been the worsed week of our lives. 

I've never cried so much in my life, and i didnt think i could functiion this long with only the odd hours sleep each  niight