Enlarged tonsil with lump

I would like to come here just to reassure anyone who may go through something similar to me.  

i had an (very) enlarged tonsil with a lump that started growing. It wasn't taken seriously then I started growing a second lump. My throat was also very uncomfortable and just felt like there was something stuck behind the tonsil.  Due to covid it was hard to get seen at the hospital. 
Once I sent photos in they wanted to take an MRI.  The results came back clear but due to the size of my tonsil they told me I was to get it removed. (I also have a history of throat cancer in my family).  Not gonna lie the recovery from a tonsillectomy isn't easy. With the stress of thinking I had cancer it didn't help.  Got my results back and it was clear. I just had a serve infection in my throat with a lot of scar tissue. During my time waiting (from March when I seen the lump to the November when I got my tonsillectomy ) I stupidly Google's a lot. It was when I got to this web page and I seen a story similar to mine and it reassured me , a lot! So wanted to come back and do the same for someone else. Please don't assume the worst even if you have classic symptoms it's not alsways what we imagine