enlarged lymph nodes

Hi everyone 

wondering if anyone has been in the same situation as myself im only young and the past few weeks i had suffered on and of left flank pain ?infection. with high temps and tiredness.i had 3 courses of oral antibiotics and the pain has not subsided. i ended up in A&E had a CT without contrast and they found enlarged para renal and para - arotic lymphnodes. im currerntly awaitng a CT with contrast as an urgent refferal. i have been given no antibiotics as on the first CT they could see i had a recent chest infection which i was adament i have not. They explained that the antibiotics must of covered my chest infection and i never realised but has not covered my left kidney. They have also sent a urine culture off to see if that can indicate anything. 

has anyone been in the same situation as me as my head is doing overtime 

thank you x  

• Hello Pinkkk and welcome to the community.

Enlarged lymph nodes are quite a common talking point on the forum so I'm sure some of our members who have been in a similar situation will offer their support and advice to you soon.

In the meantime, we're thinking of you and will have our fingers crossed the results of your next CT scan brings good news.

Kind regards,

Steph, Cancer Chat Moderator