Endometrial Cancer Stage 3 Grade 3 C

I was diagnosed with a carcinoma sarcoma endometrial cancer stage 3 grade 3 C and I am so shocked.  Over the last year I had countless visits to my GP describing a pulling feeling.  I have had three ultra sounds this year, the last in August all showing the endometrium to be clear......except it can't have been so.  My GP was still concerned about my symptoms and referred me where a gynaecologist removed a fleshy polyp......the results came back and within a day I was having an MRI and CT scan, was referred to a consultant and had a total hysterectomy and removed of a 5cm lymph node tumour that had attached itself to a leg nerve.   I cannot understand how this has happened when I have tried to seek help for my symptoms to be told all will be alright.  At the moment I am waiting to hear about all the biopsies and washings taken during surgery and a biopsy taken yesterday on my breast, from a lump that appears benign but as the consultant said has to be checked out as that it how it would present if it was endometrial cancer.  The consultant who did my op said it was "almost certain" the cancer cells have gone elsewhere (it is a year since my symptoms started).  I am finding it very difficult to function.  I have not told the family too much, just that some bad cells were found and they have to be treated.  I keep crying (not like me at all) and all I can think is that the future (whatever that might be) is very bleak indeed.  I am very worried that the breast lump is going to cancerous and that the biopsies from the surgery are going to be bad pushing me to the last stage of stage 4.  Advice on how to deal with this roller coaster would be so very welcome.  

• Hi Jane and welcome to the forum although I'm sorry for the reason it brings you here.

It sounds like you have been through a lot over the past year and can understand why your emotions are all over the place. Do you know when you find out the results from the biopsies and the lump found in your breast? Hopefully it won't be too long but just remember that we are here for you if you need us and you can post here anytime you need to. Many members will understand the what you are going through having been in similar situations themselves and I'm sure they will post soon to offer their support and advice.

Stay strong Jane and do come back to let us know what happens. We'll be thinking of you.

All the best, 

Steph, Cancer Chat Moderator