Dying with Cancer

Good morning All

In Jan my mother was told she has terminal cancer. She has deceided she wants to go and pass at home with home help.After We spoke to the discahrge nurse it was agreed that to start with we could get help three days a week as my sister is all ready a carer for my mother from when she had a stroke. However after a day and half at home with no communication I called the discharge nurse who advised me that as my mother has now been discharged from the hospital before the care was set up we as a family now have to arrange this from the start. A) This cant be right, if home help was agreed then why did they discharge her before this was set up B) How do we start this process. I feel the discharge nurse has just washed her hands of this and now leaving it to the family to sort at this stressful time. Also when reading mums file she drought home, the Discharge sheet and all the booklet is not filled out. I.E contact names and numbers. Can someone please help me. 

• So sorry to hear this.  The hospital must have a department to which you can make a complaint.  Get in touch with them speedily.  I once  had to make a complaint to our local hospital about the the friend with whom I live (notes had gone astray, nobody knew what they were supposed to be doing) and they did act speedily to put things right.  So I imagine all hospitals have something similar.  This is absolutely ridiculous in this day and age.  I am hoping the nurses here might pick up this post too as they may have a useful contribution to make.   At a time when you have so much to worry and upset you this is not something you should have to  sort out.  Let us know how you get on (if you want to and if you feel up to it!)