Does anyone feel the same

I had surgery 2 years ago for bowel cancer it was contained and had chemo just in case there were any rogue cells which took six months 

I had my first scan and bloods for tumor markers all all clear but think when I'm I'll it's back

I'm frightened to tell my husband or daughter as i don't want to frighten them but i feel scared every day ! And feel so alone 

• Hi,  don't feel alone.  I'm just finishing  treatment and hopefully  I'll be ok. But like you  and I'm sure others on this site it will  always be  in the background. When I explained to my husband    my thoughts it turned out he felt the same. Research is making lots of headway. Just keep in touch  here ,everyone  is so understanding  and helpful.

• Hi,

I think most of us feel like that, at least some of the time.
    It is only natural - it would be more surprising if we never felt that way.

You've had a very traumatic experience and you now really understand that you are not going to live forever. While you were on chemo you will have felt like something was being done about it. Now you're in watchful waiting mode and feel like everyone else thinks that it is all over, but you know that it isn't.

I said to my Oncologist that I'm not paranoid but I do have an increased sense of awareness and every pain, lump or bump makes me wonder whether my Cancer has started growing again.

I wish I had a cure for this anxiety but the only thing that works for me is to keep distracted as much as I can. 

Best wishes
    Dave

PS - talk to your husband and daughter about it at least then they will know that you are feeling anxious and not just in a bad mood :-) If things get too bad think about seeing your GP to get some relief from the anxiety.