Diagnosed with TNBC and MRI found 2 new suspicious lumps

Hi All, 

I was diagnosed with BC in 20/12/2018 and since then had my CT scan (03/01/2019) and MRI (07/01/2019). Yesterday (10/01/2019) went to see the consultant to discuss the result and received the following news:

Good News:

CT scan all clear (yeay!)

Not So Good News:

1. The found another 2 suspicious lumps, 1 maybe pre cancerous and another 1 a " less avidly enhancing ill defined lesion" 

2. The original lump found in December is Triple Negetive.

The new 2 lumps found need a MRI biopsy...(another waiting game there arghh!eep telling myself be patient)

I also found out about my chemo treatment- EC x 4 cycles every 2 weeks then Carboplatin & Paclitaxel for another 4 cycles.

They also given me a choice between PICC line and Portacath. Not sure which one to go for, they have given me a bunch of information of both but anyone can share any experince u have with both please?

And any TNBC survivors or patients that can share their experince with me?

Thank you

•  

Hi Foxdale,

Welcome to the forum that nobody really wants to join.

I'm sorry that the news you received yesterday wasn't better. You must be quite disheartened having to wait for another MRI for these 2 new areas.  Have they said how long it will be before you get your scan?

I'm afraid that I cannot help you in your choice of PICC or Portacath. I have had 2 bouts of breast cancer in the past 9 years, but have not had chemo.

If you want more information about these why not go to the blue banner at the top of this page? If you click on Search and insert your key words in the box - these could be PICC, Portacath or TNBC, then click again. This should bring up previous posts on these subjects.

I hope that these new lumps do not turn out to be anything untoward.

Please keep us updated and, remember that we are always here for you.

Kind regards,

Jolamine xx

• Hi

Hope you’re doing ok, it’s so hard to take everything in. I thought I would give you my take on a picc line as I had one. I found it a life saver, I’m not great with needles and decided this would help with the fear and it did. I was incredibly anxious about having it done however they gave me some drugs to keep me calm and it was absolutely fine.

every week I would go and have it flushed, apart from the hanging around waiting for me it worked well. 

It’s not an easy journey and anything that can help should be embraced. I’m still in active treatment and I believe I have come through so far without too many issues is my mind, I don’t consciously think about cancer all the time, I don’t allow it to rule me mentally. 

Feel free to PM me if you want.

good luck, stay positive and ask for help if you need it. X

• Welcome to the forum Foxdale.

I know you're wanting to hear from others with triple negative breast cancer so I just wanted to quickly put you in touch with another new member: [@Gill71]‍. She has shared her story on this discussion but hopefully she'll pop by to chat with you now that I've mentioned her in this post.

Kind regards, 

Steph, Cancer Chat Moderator

• Sorry for the late reply. Thank you [@Jolamine]‍ for your kind words. I am waiting for the appointment date for the MRI biopsy which they said wanted it to be done asap. Just concern if they arrange it too late i will have to wait until my next cycle.

Thank you [@Suzuki]‍ for your info on piccline. If you dont mind me asking, did u get an option between port or piccline, or they only offer you picc line? I am trying to keep positve mind. The thing is physically i feel ok, but mentally is debatable hahaha.

[@Moderator Steph]‍ thank you for the link discussion i will have a look.

Above all i am very nervous to start my chemo. I know every one will react diffrently but it keeps me awake at night with worry. Any tips and food (to eat/to avoid) recomendation to keep strong duirng chemo?

Thanks everyone- this site has been amazing help to me.