DCIS

Hi everyone 

I'm 53 live with my partner have 2 grown up children. I was told I had Dcis (high grade) in April and that I would be having a mastectomy. Does anyone have a rough idea how long you normally wait from being diagnosed to your operation?. My mum went through breast cancer twice last year and she didn't wait very long, but it was a different type of cancer. Thankfully she has the all clear now  Also I've been put on tamoxifen and they don't agree with me, does anyone no if they do help I can't find any trial results on line.  

Haz

• Hi Haz, 

Welcome to the forum although I'm sorry for the reason it has brought you here.

I have just had a quick search through our forum and found this discussion that you might like to have a look at. You can chat to other members who are talking about their experiences with DCIS, including how long they waited/are waiting for their operations.  

Also, I'm sorry that the tamoxifen is not agreeing with you. You can find out more about DCIS and trial results of tamoxifen by clicking here

I hope this helps.

Kind Regards, 

Steph, Cancer Chat Moderator