Dad has terminal cancer.

I'm Bruce, 32

My dad has his 60th birthday 6 weeks ago. 3 weeks later we found out he has bowel cancer. 

He went to see the doctor hoping to be told they can cut it out, treatment will he tough but ultimately he can beat it and move on. They had their concerns it may of spread, so sent him for another scan. 

We found out Thursday that their is nothing they can do, and he may have 5/6 months without treatment, and maybe up to 18 if the chemo is successful. 

My dad is an active 60 year old non smoker. Were best friends and share our 2 mains hobbies together, football and classic cars. He's not only my dad, my absolute hero, but also my best friend. 

I'm having a really bad day today, and just feel so scared for not only myself, but also for my dad. My emotions are up and down, and being such a happy go lucky guy, I'm struggling to deal with ups and downs. In a split second my emotions are going from laughing, to crying, to disbelief. 

Ive always been one to bottle up emotions and have a stiff upper lip, but I guess I'm just posting this out of sheer desperation.