Dad has PSA of 121 refusing treatment

Dad is 90, his PSA was 81 for 3 years, gone up to 121 in last 6 months. Only offered hormones but refused as doesn't want to prolong anything. Consultant says has almost certainly spread to his bones, how long has he left with no treatment please?

• Hello

My late hubby lasted 11 months after cancer had spread to bones,he still had hormone treatment until the end.

I have bladder cancer & refused treatment it took quite a while for my daughter to except my wishes.

Everyone seems to react to cancer in different ways even experts cannot put a time span on the time.

I send my best wishes for a peaceful outcome x

• Thanks for your reply. Sorry about your husband. Dad may go quicker then with no treatment. I accept his wishes, we have talked a lot. Mum died last November and he says he wants to go to her as soon as he can. He is now discharged from hospital and under the care of his GP and his care home.

Good luck with your situation, it is hard for family but ultimately it is your choice. We already have discussed this with our children as I am late 60's, no illness so far, touch wood.

Best wishes

• Hi Ralphsbaby is your father could live a normal life with treatment my psa was 1581 over three years ago now(March) 0.8 I've only had cemotheropy and hormone inj's no operation there's [@woodworm]‍ his psa was 70 he's still got his and [@telemando]‍ he had the operation, hopefully they will get in touch with you best wishes,.

Billy 

• Hi,

I had both hormone therapy and radiotherapy. The hormone therapy was a very good treatment. I have known  It is difficult to give a time as even doctors can only gove a gustimate. I wish both of you the very best, Brian

• Thank you, as I say dad has never had and doesn't want any treatment, and his numbers went up 50% in 6 months.