Dad given 6 months to live terminal bowl cancer

My dad has been given 6 months to live through only been diagnosed with bowel cancer last few months we thought he was ill through having a massive stroke 2 half years ago and heart problems he has got a lot wrong with him to be honest I am amazed he's lasted this long he's nearly 80 but he's a fighter but last few months he's given up the fight my poor mum cares at home for him she's shattered and needs a break as they don't have carers in just doctors and a marie curie nurse every fortnight he is going into hospital tomorrow for a biopsy and a Stent put in his end passage to relive pain but I really don't think he's fit enough to be honest he's so frail now it's heart breaking seeing him like that I think if he went in his sleep it wouldn't be such a bad thing people might think am being cruel but am not he has no quality of life left now as I don't want him to suffer and it's only going to get worse and I don't think my poor wee mammy can take any more she ain't getting any younger either.

• Welcome to Cancer Chat Bonnygirl2.

As you're finding out, it can be very tough to watch someone you love in the latter stages of their cancer journey but you are not alone as many members on the forum have also been through this and hopefully some of them will pop by when they can to offer their support and share their experiences with you. 

Also, no-one here would think you are being cruel for what you have said. Your dad is in pain and you don't want him to be which shows how much you love and care for him.

Would it be possible to get back in touch with marie curie and see if more support would be available for your mum? You may find some useful information on the carers uk website so do have a look when you can as it may be really beneficial to your mum at this moment in time.

Best wishes to you all, 

Steph, Cancer Chat Moderator