Dad

a few weeks ago, i left to uni and everything was fine back home. i came back yesterday after an emergency call from mum- he has pancreatic and liver cancer, with weeks to live apparently. seeing him so old and frail is killing me, and is breaking my heart to see my mum in so much pain. i can't believe i'm going to lose my dad forever, and he wont be there forever. need to talk to someone, my family is in so much pain.

•  

I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad, I know how you feel my Dad was diagnosed with terminal throat and neck cancer in December and after unsuccessful Chemo and immunotherapy he was given 3-6 months in August. He's going downhill and we have some tough decisions coming. 

It's overwhelming and I remember the thought of losing him when I first found out felt like I just couldn't cope. Take it one day at a time you will find you all have good days and bad days. Treasure the good days and they will help you get through the bad days.

Macmillan offer councilling which might help you and your family, they were really helpful when I have spoken to them and they might be able to help your mum too. xx