CT scan results

My other half was diagnosed with skin cancer November last year. Since then he has had operation to remove cancer from his back and a sentinel lymph node biopsy

The results of the lymph node biopsy showed a tiny amount of cancer in the lymph nodes but as they have been removed they are hoping the cancer has all been removed.

Hubbi had to have a CT scan a week ago sunday and we now have to go for the results Thursday. If there is no cancer found is it usual to have to see the consultant again? My other half thinks it's bad news as we have an appt but im trying to be positive thinking that they want to see us to say there is no cancer but what they plan to do over the next couple of years to monitor the situation.... has anyone experience of this please? 

• Hello Me76

It seems to be fairly standard practice for results - good or not so good - to be given face to face. I think the vast majority of members here will have been told results in that format. 

As you say, if the results are clear it's probable that there will be some form of monitoring that your husband needs and it makes sense to talk to you both about that face to face so that any questions you have can be answered rather than leave you wondering with a "what happens next?" mindset. 

Do let us know how you get on at the appointment on Thursday. 

Best wishes, 
    Jenn
    Cancer Chat moderator