Ct scan

Hi just over a week ago I went to my doctor because it's felt like I have a lump in my throat and felt like food was getting stuck. I was sent for a camera down my throat within a week. They said they saw divertculum and gasrtis , they took some bacteria for testing and said I will get results within 3 days.  They said they wanted me to have a ct scan within 2 weeks.  The hospital called today with an appointment for Wednesday so not even a week since camera. I'm just a bit worried about why such a rush for a ct after the camera 

• Similar happened to me a year ago. I was urgently referred to ENT under a two week suspected cancer referral.  I was seen by the ENT dept within 2 days and endoscoped. Then an MRI was ordered which was done the following week.  A few days later I received the MRI results, and a panendoscopy under general anaesthetic was ordered, which was done 6 days later.  There was a was two week wait for results, but when it all came back everything was clear and no cancer.

I get the impression from reading other postings that ENT people don't hang about in getting things done when it's an urgent referral from a doctor. I don't think you need to worry about how fast things are going, just be grateful that you're not left hanging around. 

• Thank you I'm glad you got the all clear 

• Good luck with your scan. Let us know how it goes. 

• I know this was years ago but did u ever get it sorted I'm having the same symptoms 

• Hi yes luckily for me they said I had acid reflux and globus. Good luck for you

• over the last couple of months I have had a flexisigmoid lower bowel. because I had four plyps, they said there is going to more further into the colon.  I was told I need to have a full colonoscopy, and they will take out the four lower bowel polyps, this was due to the position of a polyp on a bend in the colon.. this was followed by a CT scan with contrast dye. and then few days later I had to have a camera down my throat. there were 8 different things they found from polyps to raised viens and inflamation in the stomach lining. All these things I had done will go towards a final decission on if I can have a liver transplant..

Yet two months later My GP has heard nothing, even though I was told he would be sent copies.. I just hope they are not lost in the so called system. I can't or  I  won't have it done again.. I have told my GP this. Im so fed up being poked prodded throwing up with this dye. there comes a time when you say enough is enough.. But no doubt I will end up having it done. just feeling down. as I still think of my wife's passing last July 2020.