coping with loss

6weeks into losing my husband to lung cancer and I feel worse now than I did in the first 2weeks I feel empty and numb how can I move forward I just miss him so much the nights are worse I can't sleep I'm crying all the time 

• Its 14 wks since i lost my husband,  have had a lovely day out with my son wish my husband could have been with us,i know how you feel .had a cry after my son left its good to cry makes you feel a bit better people tell me it will take time all we can do is  take one day at a time  regards  sylvia x

• Thanks for that I seen to be crying a lot I did go for a walk today I went to our cortigo where we used to have goats and sheep they have now been sold but it's now all empty and it just looks so sad just miss him so much her was only 49 I have a son in the army but he's in England and I'm here in Spain he's coming home again next week I can't wait sending hugs to you 

• Wishy, I  so sorry you are feeling so bad but totally understand, 49 is so young it's so unfair, been seven months for me and am going through a really bad patch at the moment, there is stuff going on at work and I just need to talk to  Sam about it, life is really hard at the moment he made everything ok.  Take care. Debbie xxxx 

• You've been in my thoughts lots. I was at my worst at week 5, I was in a really bad place. Somebody did post some words which really summed grief and grieving up. It was like riding the ocean, some days were calm and some were pretty stormy. I'm still crying daily. Each day the reality sets in that my dad is never coming back and all the things he's already missed in the 7 months he's been gone. I'm glad you've got a visit from your son to look forward too xxx

• Thanks so much for that as you know I've had a lot going on selling the herd etc at least that's one thing less to worry about now I went for a walk this morning with my mother in law and we were talking about Paco and you know we actually laughed first time in weeks I think it did us both good going to have lunch with her now then spend the afternoon cleaning  hey ho always something to do x 

• That's good to hear. It must of been sad seeing the livestock go. I still have my dads car to sell and mum still has his clothes in the wardrobe. Lunch sounds good but not sure about the cleaning x

• 7  weeks today every Friday I seen to be at my lowest I know I should start moving on but it's hard I just miss him so much but know he's not suffering now  guess what I'm doing today   cleaning!!!!!!!!! Yes that's 0he bit of Spanish in me they are cleaning all the time well it gives me something to do 

• Hi Wishy, please don't feel you should start moving on yet, 7 weeks isnt that long. I lost my Dad 6 weeks ago and am still at the numb stage wondering if I will ever get to have a good cry & feeling guilty because I haven't yet. My mum has had real peaks & troughs, some days she is very positive but nose-dives the next day - I think pushing herself to get over it too quick. You may be doing the same & it might make you feel worse. I would take it one day at a time if you can - but keeping busy seems to help ! 

• I'm struggling can't concentrate on anything I miss my husband so much been through the house so many times I've nothing left to clean I keep going in his wardrobe I left a jumper unwashed and I can't smell him any more think I'm going crazy! I went to see the doctor today I have now got a mild anti depression tablet he told me what i'm going through now is normal what's normal ? Don't think my life will ever be the same again will I ever laugh again? I've lost 12 kilos in 8weeks got no interest in food and I always loved eating ! Has anyone else been through this too? Before I was such a happy person my whole world has fallen apart my heart is broken will I ever enjoy life again    cancer sucks!!! 

• Hi

I totally understand what you are going through. I lost my husband just under 4 months ago, he was 51 years of age and had advanced liver cancer with unknown primary.I have jumpers in the wardrobe of his and each day smell them and i know that it sounds crazy but it gives me some comfort. I really hate my life right now because all we wanted to do was spend our life together. I feel totally robbed and i feel i am trapped in a nightmare. The only peace i get is knowing that he never suffered, he was told on a tuesday and passed away on the saturday and i am grateful for him going very quickly without any suffering. One day we will meet our husbands againg until then we just have to remember the great memories. Keep strong xxx