Confused

why would someone say 3 months ago they had cancer hysterectomy no scans no treatment to bein free of cancer now 

• Hello Mandy.  I am afraid I cannot answer the big question that you ask.  As it may help you I am attaching a link to the NHS information on hysterectomies which covers both the reasons for a hysterectomy and the recovery time including what is entailed in this.  I hope that this will help you with the practical side of your question.  Annie

www.nhs.uk/.../

• Hi Mandy,

Like Annieliz says, this isn't one we can answer.  My response was going to be that sometimes hysterectomy IS the treatment for cancer, and what Annieliz has attached shows that.  Still, some kind of 'test' would have had to identify the cancer, that can sometimes just be an ultrasound with blood test or some other fairly simple test.

Sometimes people say 'strange' things simply because they don't understand the medical terminology.  For instance, they may not consider an ultrasound a type of scan because, over the years, the word 'scan' had generally been dropped when we talk about ultrasound scans.  Meanwhile people still often say "MRI scan" or "CT scan" instead of just "MRI" or "CT".  It could be as simple as that.

Best to ask them if it is confusing you and you feel the need to know.

LJ

• thanks for your response I just don’t understand but I think they have said it for attention as my husband was diagnosed with vocal cord cancer an just finished treatment all she had was hysterectomy no scans no follow up no treatment 

• Well, it is does happen, but I don't really understand why someone would do that.  You will understand that I don't know the person involved  and if someone you know has done this there has to be something very odd behind it.  I hope your husband is doing okay now and am sure that this is your priority.  Your photo is lovely and I would like to think that you have a long and happy life together ahead of you now.  Annie

• thank you he is my priority I know the truth