confused

My husband is 46  years old and they found 3 tumours on brain .He had surgery to have largest one removed .He recovered well.. theu done tests  on the tumour they removed and found out it was from lung cancer . Last 2 days he has bin very sleepy and loads head pain ...would just like some feed back on people views that is going through this when we go hospital I clam up and too scared to ask questions can my husband survive this ..

• hi Lillie I can't help with your husband's cancer but can say ask whatever questions you need to. Try writing down all the questions you have and ask if you don't you will wish you had. Talk to each other you may find you both have the same concerns.

I found the more I asked the more I felt in control, crazy I know but even when given a 17% survival rate for my diagnosis after the tears and fears I knew what I was facing.

contact his team or McMillan nurse if you are worried about his symptoms.

• Thank you for your reply river56. My husband has a really bad night last night with pain in shoulder he sleep. We did have a good talk and spoke bout it ..I cried all way through are conversation .but made me feel a bit better .and I'm gonna write down things I need ask at appointment this weak...if you don't mind me asking .what sort cancer have you come through ..as that a very low percent for survival...thank you for replying and hope you get better 

• Hi Lillie

Glad you had a good talk I found it a great comfort to talk to my husband.

My prognosis is 17% survival rate over 5 years so not out of the woods yet although I feel well and almost back to normal. I was diagnosed with womb cancer which had spread to a lymph node in my groin. It was discovered after my hysterectomy no tumors just cancer cells, all rather unusual (details are on my profile). My treatment finished last May and my last scan was clear.

keep asking about everything but stay away from google

sending you virtual hugs