Confused

Hi everyone, I am a 73 year woman who has been told by my GP that I could have breast cancer. As I am also in a lot of pain around the nipples and I keep reading about there is no pain with breast cancer, am I worrying about nothing.

still awaiting appointment to the hospital, but asi write this I have been up most of the night with this pain.

i have only husband and sons so no females to discus this with.

would welcome some feed back please to try and keep my morale up.

thank you

• Hey Delith, 

I'm so sorry about what you're going through right now. Although unrelated, I know how horrible it is being unable to sleep at night due to pain! I'm so sorry. 

Your GP, firstly, shouldn't have mentioned any kind of cancer or diagnosis without you seeing the breast clinic, and getting the results from whatever it is they test. I hope you get your appointment come soon, as that will be something less to worry about. 

I hope this isn't anything, but even if it is something, it doesnt always mean cancer. It could be something else, and once found out they may be able to treat it, especially as its symptomatic enough to keep you up with the pain. 

Lots of love, and please let me know how things go. You can add me as a friend and message me any time you want to, to share your worries or to just talk to another woman. Please feel free to. 

Alex xxxx