Complex Endometrial Hyperplasia with Atypia, 18 years old.

Hi everyone,

I have a few questions based on Complex Endometrial Hyperplasia with Atypia. 

I am 18 years of age and was diagnosed with it after they found cystic spaces in my ultrasounds and doing a d&c and hysterscopy. Due to my age, my doctors opted for treatment to be the Mirena IUD rather than a hysterectomy. I've currently had the Mirena IUD in for about 2 months and am experiencing discomfort and abnormal bleeding. 

For those who has experienced the Mirena IUD treatment:

1. Is the abnormal bleeding normal? (I've never had a period [which was the reason for initial investigations] and I bleed roughly every second day but not enough for a pad/tampon).

2. Did the Mirena IUD work for you?

3. If it did, did the hyperplasia relapse and come back?

4. I do not want children and I am set on that - should I opt for a hysterectomy, even though I am only 18?

For everyone:

1. Did the hyperplasia come back?

2. Did you have cocurrent cancer in the ovaries/cervix/endometrium that were not detected with the biopsy?

3. Can you offer any advice with this condition.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Cancer Chat, Lea19.

I noticed you'd not received a reply yet, so I wanted to link you to another thread on here where other forum members have recently been discussing Complex Atypical Endometrial Hyperplasia. I'm also tagging [@Yazmiine_x]‍ [@donda26]‍and [@Roselight]‍ who will hopefully now see your post and be along soon to share their experiences! 

I also wanted to mention that we have a friendly team of cancer information nurses on-hand, if you would like you ask them any questions. You can call them on 0808 800 4040 (Mon - Fri, 9am - 5pm), or email them through their contact form.    

I hope this helps. Wishing you all the best,

Helen
    Cancer Chat moderator