COMPLETELY LOST

my husband had some tests done due to a hiatus hernia which found some enlarged lymph nodes, following a biopsy these were found to have colorectal cancer cells. He is 64 years old and fit and healthy but we have been given a stage IV diagnosis. I do not understand this as there is no primary and it is just in these lymph nodes. He is due to start chemotherapy after christmas but we dont know when or what type yet. I am so scared of losing him i just cry and i dont want to upset him more. 

• Hello

I just wanted to let you know I am thinking of you at this very hard time and hoping you can still enjoy Christmas  

I am so sorry to hear your news and no doubt you are going through a lot of different emotions just now.

I hope as time goes on you will know more about what your husband is facing and then there will be a plan of action you can concentrate on.

Thinking of you and sending a big hug

• I also feel very much for you at this difficult time.  Do you think it would be worthwhile asking your doctor to tell you as much as s/he knows - doctors are fallible too and I guess there are things they come across that don't always follow the usual pattern but it would be useful to have a frank discussion about the situation.  Perhaps you would not worry so much if you did this?  You must indeed be frightened for your husband; I hope you are able to talk with him and also with any wider family who will also be worried and want to help you.  My best wishes also.