Colposcopy results

I recently had a colposcopy and on the appointment the gynecologist told me that cin3 was present, the lady took 2 biopsys, I rang my doctors 9 days later and they told me my report was back but no letter from the gynecologist, the results states that I infect have cin1 present, I dont understand how the gynocologist said cin3 but its infact cin1 according to my biopsy? On the report the gynocologist had also noted " clinical diagnosis: postcoital bleeding" which their was no mention of that on the day. I dont actually no what that is can anyone shed some light if they've ever experienced this please? Currently waiting for gynocologist to send me a letter out as I only have the lab report thanks 

• Hi Laur1978, 

Your doctor will be in the best position to explain your results to you so once you've got your results through the post do get in touch with them so you can go through it together. 

Whilst you wait, you're welcome to discuss this with one of our cancer nurses as well. They're available on 0808 800 4040, Monday - Friday between 9a.m - 5p.m and very knowledgeable in this area so do give them a call if you feel it will help.

Kind regards,

Steph, Cancer Chat Moderator