Colposcopy

Hi all, been for my colposcopy today as been bleeding after sex and been very bloated and going to the toilet a lot. She took a biopsy, and told me she thinks it's cervical cancer as she can see a growth and abnormal cells. I will get results in a week, and then will be booked in for an mri and a plan of action can be made for me. I'm so scared, everybody is telling me to wait for the biopsy results before panicking, but I can't help it I'm absolutely petrified. Just wondering if any of you have been through something similar and have any advice. 

Thanks x 

• Hi, I am now 53yrs old and experienced a lot of your symptoms over 4/5 yrs which I was told likely to be peri menopause. I had a hysteroscopy and biopsy18 months ago and thankfully all was clear and very soon after that my periods stopped and assume I am now in menopause. Worryingly I have started bleeding again hence posting to this group for the first time.  Fingers crossed that everything will be fine for you, we can do this...goodluck, keep us posted x

• Hi. I am also waiting for my results and its absolutely killing me. I know I have cancer but none of my family or friends are willing to accept until I get results. I'm so stressed and worried, petrified of what's going to happen

Xx

• Just wanted to say hi, I'm waiting for my appointment for my first colposcopy. After suffering with left pelvic/ovary pain plus small bleeding after sex actually feels like a graze tbh that I have my fingers crossed for you and your results. The waiting is unbearable the thoughts going through my head are unreal and I have to stop googling it's not healthy. Sending lots of pma your way x 

• I'm in the same boat had a colposcopy on Wednesday due to cc symptoms. She said I could watch the screen but in the end didn't share. She took a biopsy and said well send it off and see how dangerous it is?!

I didn't really think about it and now over analysing.

Hoping the results don't take too long. 

I hope you're ok xx

• Hi all thanks for all the replies, still waiting on the biopsy results, hopefully hear back today, she said a week. It's been a very trying week thinking the worst. She said she thinks it's cancer and she's an expert at what she is looking for, so I've prepared myself to hear those words. I'm just so frightened at what lies ahead for me and my children. It scares the hell out of me and I'm panicking that I've left it too late but it's all speculation at the moment and I have to get out of this mindset and start thinking positive. Try stay positive guys and no googling it's so hard not to though xx

• Sending you lots of positive thoughts. I got my appointment through for this Friday 22nd for my first colposcopy  and bloods to be done tomorrow. I'm trying not to panic nor google but failing at both!! Fingers crossed for your results x 

• Good luck, super positive thoughts! Xx

• Thank you, didn't hear anything again today. No news is good news I suppose. It's the waiting that's awful and no sleeping because there's a 1000 thoughts running through my mind. My partner is being super nice to me as well and I don't like it lol. Hope your results come back soon and get good results x 

• Got my result today, confirmed it is cancer I'm devasted! Now just a waiting game for my mri appointment to come through. 

• Hi Jen

Sorry to hear your diagnosis..you’re at a very difficult point now where you don’t yet have all the information. Hopefully your mri appointment won’t take long to come through and that will give more info on the size and position of the cancer. I’ve had cervical cancer twice, so if I can help with any info or questions, please shout out. I’ve had the standard treatments and surgery over the past couple of years.

Depending on the stage, you may be treated with a hysterectomy and not need further treatment if it’s early stage. If not the usual treatment would be chemo and radiation over a 5-6 week period. I won’t bombard you with info because you’ll likely be in shock at the moment. Take one day at a time, don’t google and try not to let your imagination run away with you. This is a horrible period of waiting for you but try not to panic. x