Colposcopy

Hi,

for over a year now I have been getting a few symptoms and problems, anyways I went to the doctors for a check up who reffered me to have a colposcopy. I have just had the procedure done and had a biopsy. The doctor said to me my cervix looked aggressive? I was just wondering if anyone else had been told this and what it might mean etc or other peoples Experience xx

• Hello Leah.B, 

I am not sure myself what the doctor meant when you were told that your cervix looked aggressive. I hope that you will hear from other members of our forum who have been told the same thing and that they will come and share their experience with you. Our nurses are also available on this free number 0808 800 4040 if you would like to talk things through with them. Their line is open Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm. 

I hope that you won't have to wait too long for your biopsy results. I am keeping everything crossed for you that everything turns out fine. Try not to anticipate too much what it might be - it won't be long now until you get your results and some clarity on all this. There are helpful tips on this page to help you cope while waiting for important news. 

I will now let our other members who have had a colposcopy before and were told something similar come and share their story with you. 

Best wishes, 

Lucie, Cancer Chat Moderator