Colouring hair

Im on Oxapalitin and capecitabine which shouldnt cause hair loss. Has anybody coloured their hair on it?  Im desperate to get my roots done as the grey is coming in.  My hairdresser uses good stuff and my hair is always in good condition after my colour . Ive seen mixed advice online 

• Hi, Jynx, I have not coloured mine, instead of colouring mine I bought a pink wig, I am waiting for my treatment to start, It will be 3 weeks, I am starting Paclitaxel, I was not a good candidate or the other Chemotherapy drugs, My consultant told me it could kill me, I wanted to try though so he said I will try this one, once a week for 3 weeks, Then I have to have Radiotherapy, then when that is done I have to have Endocrine Therapy, I hope you have good results when colouring your hair.

• Thanks Jax.  Spoke to my hairdresser and looked at a cancer hair care uk site.  We are gonna do a patch test then do mesh highlights so it doesnt touch my scalp as long as im well and have no reaction. 

You sound like your a real fighter.  Good luck xx

• Hi, Jynx, I am not going to let this drag me down, apparently my consultant told me I am lucky to be alive, I appreciate that, so I made plans got my house in order, then started to think that I have been given a ray of sunshine, in an otherwise hellish time, I bought a pink wig, for my alter ego, and a sedate wig for my other self, I will see what comes from it.

• Thats the spirit!  Just keep.swimming!  

When i was told they thought my cancer had spread quickly and the outcome was now poor I sorted all my affairs  quickly. Id just moved house and only unpacked clothes id need and left everything else packed, sounds weird but it worked for me. Then i got on with my life for a few weeks. Seeing pals, having cocktails etc. Thankfully it wasnt cancer on the scan and im in a lot less of a fight but ive been there and kinda know how you feel. Good luck xxx

• Hello, I am on the same treatment, I was told my hair might go thin, I home coloured my hair and it was ok, quite a bit of hair came out but no more than when I just wash it. Hope this helps

• Thanks so much for your reply.  Ive decided to go for it.  Fingers crossed !