colonoscopy pain

[@Helenph]‍  Thank goodness I have read these reports.  I had a colonoscopy on the 17th and can honestly say it was excrutiating with sedation which was topped up three times and with gas and air.  I have had several pretty painful experiences in my life but |I think this was the worst. After probably half an hour or so they started again with a smaller camera, which wasn't any better so I think in all I was there for a good hour - maybe more.  Never again, unless I have a general anasthetic.

• [@Helenph]‍  Thank goodness I have read these reports.  I had a colonoscopy on the 17th and can honestly say it was excrutiating with sedation which was topped up three times and with gas and air.  I have had several pretty painful experiences in my life but |I think this was the worst. After probably half an hour or so they started again with a smaller camera, which wasn't any better so I think in all I was there for a good hour - maybe more.  Never again, unless I have a general anasthetic.

• Hi Helenph mine was the same and I’m still shaky after a few days, I am also relieved to find that I’m not the only one who felt this bad I don’t know why but it makes me feel less of a wimp now !! Thanks for sharing x