Colon cancer

I' new to this but hope someone reads this. I'm 42 and have colon cancer.  It was found late as I ignorned symptoms and put it down to a funny tummy. I had to have emergency surgery and have a aroma now. After my second cycle of chemo got a serious kidney infection and need to delay next chemo. Is this risky? They say I still I have a Tumor which they can' reach to operate and chemo won' get rid of.

So scared and confused

• Welcome to the forum Susaneliz although I'm sorry to read you have colon cancer.

Your medical team are the best people to ask if you have any questions about your treatment so do make sure you sit down with them at some point to get all your questions answered. 

I know you're scared so I just wanted to put you in touch with a few other members - [@CarolynR]‍, [@Pjg]‍ and [@Lele88]‍ - who also have experience of colon cancer (either diagnosed themselves or caring for someone that does) as it may help talking to others in a similar situation.

I wish you all the best with your recovery from your kidney infection and the rest of your cancer treatment.

Kind regards, 

Steph, Cancer Chat Moderator