CIN 3

Hi all

A month ago I had surgery for endometriosis where it was found I had a damaged ovary and was all removed.

The surgeon at the time told me he could see it had been there a very long time (I've had syntoms for 24 years) as it was 20x deeper than what the class as severe) anyway..

A month later and I'm just about recovered from surgery only to get a letter saying I have CIN 3 and have an urgent appointment at hospital next week.

I realise this isn't invasive yet but munderstanding is that it becomes invasive when penetrating the deeper level of tissue?

The fact I have severely deep wounds internally in the same area from surgery at the min is freaking me out?

Has anyone had a similar experience?

Or can maybe educate me on CIN 3..

ANY THOUGHTS OR ADVICE APPRECIATED xxx

• Welcome to Cancer Chat, LadyMack.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation and I can appreciate why you're a bit worried.

Unfortunately, as I don't have a medical background I can't answer the questions you asked but I hope that some of our members who had a similar experience will be along shortly with a word or two of advice.

Also, there is a response from nurse Jean to a post from another member, [@Lukrecia], I thought you might find interesting to read.

And if after that you are still worried, feel free to give our cancer nurses and ask for an opinion. Their lines are open Monday - Friday between 9 a.m - 5 p.m on 0808 800 4040.

All the best,

Renata, Cancer Chat Moderator

• Hi [@LadyMack]‍  - I was CIN 3 oh, errr, about 20 years ago. I ended up having a colposcopy, which wasn't so bad. Nothing since - all clear. 

Try not to worry too much and find out what it is you have to go in for. 

Sending good thoughts your way.

Emily