Cholangiocarcinoma

hi all my fiancé 42 was diagnosed in May 2018, he ended up with pancreatitis so had to have a drain put in, also a stoma as all the collection caused damages to his bowl, he had a stent put in (plastic) which had to be replaced with a metal one, he then went jaundice again, ct & uss showed blocked so back in hospital to replace it, 4 weeks later same thing happened, they did more scans and it’s now spread to his liver, he has been told they can’t operate but can offer chemo, we have a nearly 1 year old baby plus older children, this disease is dreadful, I feel helpless

• Welcome to our forum, mumto4.

I'm sorry to hear that your fiancé was diagnosed with cholangiocarcinoma in May 2018 and that it now spreaded to his liver. It sounds like he has been through a lot since that time and no wonder this is stressful situation for all of you.

You did well by coming here, hopefully others who have been affected by this type of cancer eighter as carers or patients themselves will stop by soon to share their stories with you and offer advice.

Also, if you want to give our cancer nurses a call and ask them some questions, they are available on this number 0808 800 4040, Monday - Friday, between 9 a.m - 5 p.m.

Best wishes to you and your family,

Renata, Cancer Chat Moderator