Chemotherapy

Hi guys! So I've recently been diagnosed with Hodgkin's lymphoma and I start my chemo actually next week! I'm really nervous and I have no idea what to expect .. I'm very apprehensive about the whole thing and I deal with anxiety too. I appreciate any response I get back x

• Hi, i am newly diagnosed and just had my 2nd chemo.   Getting the chemo was fairly straight forward, i went for a blood test 2 days before then attended the chemo suite for a drip which lasted a couple of hours. I felt fine after but the next 4-5 days was very tired and a bit nauseous.  I was given anti sickness tablets on the chemo suite to bring home which helped enormously.  I think you need to plan to have a few days after not doing too much because most people are tired after it.   Hope this helps to put your mind at rest xx

• Ah thank you thank you for the response back like I said I appreciate anything right now :) I think I'm just very nervous like any person would be, do you mind me asking what you were diagnosed as? X

• Lung cancer with pleural effusion.  Ive been told that its not curable but that the chemo will help with quality of life.  I got covid in hospital while getting tests so its been a horrendous few months but i am finally feeling a little better. I'm just trying to be positive now x