Chemo side effects

Feeling rubbish, day 4 of FEC Chemo and can't leave the sofa. Temperature up and down and fluey like symptoms. Have phoned the Oncology nurses for advice. How long does this last? . Wondering how I can cope with 5 more cycles! 
Having a rant!

Silver

• Hi Silverdays

I hear you, finished 6 courses of EC chemo on 30th December i had huge preblems with  high temps following chemo treatment my unit gave me instructions what to do if temp went above 37.5 had a telephone line to ring open 24hrs a day day 7 onwards was when my temp sky rocketed was told to report to A&E at my local hospital and they rang ahead so i was expected, in my case didnt feel to unwell no other side effects besides exhaustion. Became a routine day 7-10 temps spiked after every treatment 3 times diagnosed neutropenic sepsis, once line infection and twice flu sounds bad but just had to come to terms with the fact it was gonna happen i hope you have good support and advice as i did. Stay strong you can do this, this is not for life thats what i kept telling myself, these treatements could be saving your life small price to pay. PS its good to rant

• Hi silver

Had my second FEC yesterday. Felt really queasy after but ok today. Ended up in hospital  for 5 days after first course with hi temp and dodgy liver results but recovered fine. All your side effects are temporary but keep in contact with the nurses about your temp. Be kind to yourself. 

You can do this xxx 

Stef x

• Hi Stef,

What a journey, b....awful. But as long as there is an end in sight. It's the unknown with these side effects, keep swinging from one to another, but trying to keep myself well. It's nice to talk to someone else going through the same. 
    Silver

• Thank you for replying to me when you have so much treatment of your own to deal with. Such nice people on this forum x 

Wishing you the best healing

Silver 

• Hey I had 6 months of FEC, the first 1 sailed through it n thot yea no so bad , every one after I had awful nausea for 5 days tablets didn't help they tried loads, I would lose a stone in that time, then gain it Coz you couldn't keep my tummy full.

The last 2 were the worse but mainly the fatigue, I could hardly move my body. I was also admitted with nuetropenic sepsis. Temp goes up n down just keep an eye on it. Everybody is different xxx you will get through it. I got the all clear 3 weeks ago and now undergoing radiotherapy till March then I'm done. Sorry for the long post xxxc

• Hi

Must be a good feeling to get the the chemo done. I have the same, radiotherapy for 3 weeks after the chemo. Feeling nauseous today day 5 of first FEC chemo, taken medication but unable to get off the sofa. Hoping I will feel better at some time in this cycle. It just seems so daunting to get through another 5. 
    Best wishes for your recovery 

Silver 

• Hey

I has 6 cycles of chemo, the first 3 were easier than the second 3 when it changed to docetaxel. I always felt ok for the first couple of days then rubbish for about a week. I was admitted to hospital in rounds 4 and 5 for high temp, nothing found I just think that's how my body reacted to the chemo.  It's tough but you are stronger than you think you are. Just do what your body tells you to do and keep hydrated.  I found smoothies helped and Haagen Daaz ice cream as my taste buds were shocking. I've since had a mastectomy and Diep reconstruction and finished radiotherapy a week ago.  Just remember it's temporary and it's killing any lingering nasties. 
    sending you a hug. 
    wl

• Hoping you manage as well as it’s possible during this very tough time Silver. I cannot of course appreciate how bad it is but it sounds horrendous  Maybe focus on just getting through each day.  My thoughts are with you and everyone else going through this hell. 

Big love,

Kebbs x 

• Hi,

Wow, Youve got through it, my whole thoughts are getting to the end of this brutal treatment and I'm only a week in!

Haagen Daaz sounds a good idea, I've only managed a few grapes tonight. 
    My masectomy was first, then chemo, then radiotherapy. My lovely partner looking after me, he says he doesn't mind at all as long as I'm not too grumpy, so trying hard to be gentle with him .

Silver x 

• Yes, it's pretty awful but saving our lives! 

Silver x