Chemo

I had my first chemo session yesterday, only took one hour & only half of that was the actual chemo, I’d planned a quiet lie down for after as I hadn’t slept well the night before. The session went fine but towards end an ambulance driver turned up to take me for a scan, which none of us knew about. Approx 30 minutes before chemo my oncologist had said he wanted another scan but that was all.  I was unhooked and whizzed away, we tried 3 different departments who all said it wasn’t with them but the final one gave us somewhere else to try. As we go there they were all getting ready to leave but they kindly stayed behind, gave me a drink of water as I was gasping & did the scan, point of interest this time was my left kidney which he had described as ‘odd’. Final concenous agreed it was odd & I was whizzed back. 

I now feel everything is being done as quickly as possible, the consultant is lovely and the staff are all working in a difficult situation. Still feeling relatively well I thought I’d got off light, big mistake, I’ve since spent my time either on the toilet or throwing up not pleasant. What’s worrying me now plus a million other things is the colour of the vomit, it’s a mid-dark brown, not clear. Also the volume of bodily fluids coming out are far greater than what is going in.

Can anyone else share their experience of side effects of chemo please, is what’s happening to me perfectly normal?

• Poor you, everyone reacts differently to chemo and the side effects are not pleasant sometimes.If you are anxious I would ring the phone number they have given you, the nurses are very reassuring.

Silver

• Poor you

I thought the same after my first but hey no Spent all day throwing up. Mine was like a acid reflux  

Also did t really drink  much but running to wee every half a hour. Lucky my mates wife had gone through same thing so he warned me all about it. In end brought tena lady pants as i wasnt even making it to loo in time especially at night. Lol

I watch what I drink now as some drinks are like in then out

TBH 2nd round was worse than first but was told this  by nurse on here. 

Now heading i to rd4 different affects each time 

Chin up hun we will get there 

• Thank you both for replying however I’ve just discovered the real reason why I feel so ill is because they keep giving me drugs containing lactose even though I mention it frequently and it is written on my chart. I’m at a loss to know how to handle this when I’ve already told everyone but if I don’t get out of hospital soon I feel they’ll finish me off before the cancer does. I’ve lost all trust in them and i have to begin this whole cycle again on Friday for god knows how long.

• I feel the same

No information just get u in and done as quick as possible . Gonna make sure i have a talk on Thursday when i have fitness check

I am starting to lose faith as well. Different stories every time i go

Got 4th lot friday