Cervix ectropion.

Hi,
I had a colposcopy in September 2020 where they took a biopsy off my cervix which was inadequate I had letter from colposcopy which confirmed no abnormal cells just hpv seen and to have repeat colposcopy in March 2021 which I have just had six week a go this time I've had a letter saying they saw hpv only and cervix ectropion I have changed to mini pill two months a go.. now I'm worried about the cervix ectropion as it wasn't there six months a go I also hear that it can mimic early cervical cancer no biopsy was taken she just took a smear which I'm waiting on results from. Can they tell a cervix ectropion just from colposcopy and no biopsy? Past two weeks I've being getting brown spotting but put it down to the change of the pill and that I've not had a period for three months.

• Hello Bethathite727

I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling concerned following your recent colposcopy. 

Cervical ectropion is common and harmless. It is not linked to cervical cancer or any other condition that causes cancer. You might find it helpful to have a look at this information on the Jo's Trust website. 

If you're still feeling concerned then do give our nurses a call on 0808 800 4040 (Monday to Friday 9 am to 5 pm) who I'm sure will be able to give you some reassurance. 

Best wishes, 
    Jenn
    Cancer Chat moderator