Cervical polyp

I had a smear test in July 2018 where they found a polyp- I was advised this was really normal and it was tested and was non cancerous but wasn't removed. I went back a week later to see if doctor could remove there and then but she assured me it wasn't necessary. A couple of months or so now it's started to hurt when I have sex; not a sharp pain just a dull ache. The last week or so been sore when I go to the toilet but this is starting to ease up so might be a case of cystitis but have been struggling with needing to wee and urgency of it for couple months. Told this to docs today and they asked if I could come in straight away but am on holiday so have booked in for next week. Feeling really worried they wanted to see me so soon and concerned that I should have gone back to docs sooner to be checked but I was never advised to do that unless it hurt. Now I can't stop thinking about it 

• Hello Robinson2020, 

You've done the right thing to flag this with the doctor and it's great that they have booked you in for next week. Try and enjoy the rest of your holiday if you can and don't draw any conclusions from the fact that they wanted to see you immediately - they are probably just being thorough and it's good that they are taking your symptoms seriously. The best thing to do as you are waiting is to keep busy and distracted and avoid looking things up online as this will inevitably bring up worst case scenarios and make you worry more. It won't be long now until you see a doctor about this and I know it's really hard but try to make the most of the time you have left in your holiday.

I hope your appointment goes well next week and it turns out to be nothing to worry about.

Best wishes, 

Lucie, Cancer Chat Moderator