Cervical cancer

Background story:

Back in Jan I noticed I basically spotted the whole month without having a period. Was seen by gynecologist and they said cervical erosion, told me to stop any form of birth control. I was on the depo but I haven't had a shot since this time last year. Told me it will heal.

Fast forward to July I've still been having random spotting throughout the months. Sex is painful. Back in touch with GP who took a look, said something is definitely there on my cervix still and she was concerned that its not healed if its just an erosion and she'll ask for advice from gynecologist.

I rang the drs Wednesday for an update and the receptionist said that the reply had just come through so the dr needed to read over it and she'd be in touch. Well I rang again today to ask to speak to the dr but she had Back to back appointments so would leave her a message for if she got time to ring me.

2 nights ago I was doing the deed and my partner noticed blood, anyway we stopped and it was everywhere and coming from me. I was mortified to say the least. It wasn't like period blood it was bright red. Never had this happen before. We weren't rough, pretty vanilla, no dryness either. 

Tonight however I've noticed I've got extremely bad backache and pain in my lower right side. I'm quite concerned now because I've read that if it's spread then would by why I'm having pain.

I've only just turned 24 so still not had a smear yet.

I know erosions don't turn into cancer but has anybody had their cancer mistaken for an erosion to start with? Also what were your symptoms?