This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

CBD oil

Hi

My partner has developed bowel cancel and is starting treatment.we're hoping it hasn't spread anywhere else but we will know more after MRI.is CBD oil a good idea to take and if so where and how to get quality oil over the oil been sold in all these pop up shops.thanks in advance.

• This is a very good question as I have been looking into cbd oil too. The internet is full of info but how do we know we are ordering from a reputable company? Holland and Barrett have shelves full of cbd oil, so once I have talked to my oncologist and know it's save to go ahead I think this will be my first port of call.....in the meantime I shall be watching this post....

• Welcome to Cancer Chat Murt although I'm sorry that your partner has developed bowel cancer.

I saw you were asking about CBD oil so I just wanted to quickly pop by and recommend you speak to your medical team about this as they'll be in the best position tell you more about this produce. It may interfere with the treatment your partner is about to embark on as well as carry other side effects or risks so do make sure you discuss this with them first before trying anything. 

I wish your partner all the best with their treatment.

Kind regards, 

Steph, Cancer Chat Moderator

• Heya hun, 

Definitly  check with your medical team before doing Anything, but I saw your post about the Holland And Barrett CBD oil and felt I had to comment. A few of us within our family had tried the Holland And Barrett one for chronic pain symptoms. We all thought we had gone crazy when after just one use, we went back to the bottle a month or so, and found it empty! It was only when we told eachother that we clocked the same thing seemed to have happened. I don't know whether that's something that happens will all oils, and I don't know whether it evaporates or something (I have no idea) but we just felt angry we had spent so much money on it from a reputable company we use a lot, for us to not even get ant use out of! 

So I just wanted to let you know hun. I hope everything goes well for you, and hope everything goes well for your partner Murt 

Lots of love

Alexia xxx

• Hi, thanks for the heads up! Didn't know it evaporated....don't want to waste my money, it's pretty dear...x

• No problem at all, I just didn't want you to waste your money. It is very expensive, especially if you're having to buy it on a regular basis. So for it to just evaporate is a waste of money, it's so bad I didn't expect it from such a big store that I use often for other things which are usually of good quality. 

I hope it works well for you if you do choose to use it if your medical team give you permission to, and I hope you find a good place to get it from.

Lots of love and hugs to you and Good Luck with everything you're going through. 

Alexia xxxx

• Thank you for you lovely reply, this forum has been a god send to me xxx

• No problem at all, and I'm so glad you're finding the help and understanding you so very need with what you're going through. Keep being a star, and keep shining bright xxxxx

• Hi, 

i just felt the need to comment, the Holland and barratt oil is only for mild pain relief.

The proper oil has ‘THC’ the active ingredient’ in it. There’s a lot on the net about this oil but I’m afraid you’re not going to get the proper stuff in Holland and barratts but please don’t take my word for it do some research, as I’m doing myself research myself 

• Hello loveisreal,

On the subject of cannabis oil research, I thought I would share with you all this interesting article from our science blog.

Happy reading :)

Lucie, Cancer Chat Moderator

• Thank you for posting this, very informative....x