Cancer free

Hi all...

just want to share with you all the best news we’ve had this year...

My Hubby received his results yesterday and he got “The All Clear” We are all so overwhelmed and can’t stop smiling!! He was diagnosed with stage IV throat cancer on the 25th of Jan..He had chemo and radiotherapy which was quite brutal at times..He only had the feeding tube removed 4 weeks ago and is now craving for foods and is eating small portions..We just can’t believe he has beat this nasty disease.

I wish everyone good luck for the future and Thankyou to this forum for helping me through these last few months! 

Tina x

• What wonderful,  wonderful news.  Fighting cancer is hard, so well done and a happy,  happy life for your future.   Carol 

• Yeeeepiiiiiiiiii great news 

Best wishes for you both  x

• Hi Tina,

That's wonderful news.  Wishing you both all the best for the future.  Sue

• Hi Tina,

We hear so much bad news on here we always welcome briliant news like yours. 

As someone who was diagnosed with prostate cancer a few years ago, I still remember the day when I was  told my PSA  which was 70 had come right down to 0.01. I came home on the bus with a smile a mile wide and couldnt wait to tell my dear wife. 

Thanks for shareing your good new with us and best wishes to you both, Brian

• Hi Tina, 

That's fantasic news! I'm so happy for you both!! Have a bright and happy life now! 

Best wishes, 

Bex x

• ABSOLUTELY AMAZING NEWS!!!!!

Well done to all of you. God bless.xx

• Great news, there's nothing like that feeling when they give you the all clear.

Be warned though, every little thing that you get the first thought is "is it back" this gets less with time so be patient.

River

• Hi I would like to thank everyone for your kind messages..we still can’t believe it  [@woodworm]‍  we were the same smiling ear to ear all the way home on the train..we couldn’t wait to tell our 4 girls when we got home..and a huge congratulations to you too..

it’s been a very long 9 months of our lives but we got there...we can now look forward to life and celebrate being together 30 years on the 1st of Oct..Hubby will also be going back to work in 3 weeks and yes We wake up every morning looking forward to life...I totally understand about little things that makes your mind start thinking the worse and reading your message [@River56] will stick in my mind and I will remind hubby what your kind message says about being patient lol..

Thankyou  All once again and best wishes

Tina x

• hi Tina, 

iv been told I have multiple suspicious lymph nodes in my deep cervical area of my neck and for 18 months have had sore throat, trouble swallowing, fever, weight loss. 

They have only just done the ultrasound and confirmed it’s very abnormal. 

Im worried mine is advanced as the scan show multiple neck node involvement. Coupled with the symptoms iv had and how long iv had them.

i understand your husband was late stage and beat it! Did he have symptoms for a long time? How was it found? What made him go to the doctors? And do you know at diagnoses how many lymph nodes were involved? Xx

• Hiya....what can I say but I’m very sorry your going through all this..it’s not nice at all.

My hubby found a small lump on left side of his neck Xmas eve 2017 but by New Year’s Eve it was like a size of an egg..I got him an appointment that day at the our local hospital who referred us to a hospital in London..the hospital phoned us and he got an appointment on the 4th of jan 2018 with the ENT..and from then onwards we were receiving phones calls and letters with appointments etc..we couldn’t keep up with it all lol. We were at the hospital once/twice a week having all the tests Cat scan MRI..FNI..ultrasound..CT and PET scan which basically shows the glows and on the 25th of jan 2018 he was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer..We were in shock big time..He had only just turned 48 and we’ve 4 daughters (3 adult girls) and one primary school age..all sorts of things were going through our minds....It was very quick work though  (within 4 weeks) from the first appointment to diagnosis..He then had to have an op..they removed his tonsils and had a biopsy on the back of his tongue (down his throat). The primary cancer was on his epiglottis and the secondary was on his neck..the lump did get bigger and ended up being 85x20x30m which had masses of cancerous cells on top of it which was quite worrying..He had 6 lots of chemo 8 hours a day but had a bottle attached to the pic line which he would come home with and wore that a week at a time then he had radiotherapy for 6 weeks everyday apart from weekends.

The summer of 2017 he did notice that he was getting breathless quite quick while at work also when building the garden but didn’t really think much of it he also noticed that he was feeling very tired a lot and he voice was sounding hoarse but still didnt make a big fuss as he didn’t think much of it..it’s only the rapid growing lump which made him worry (he don’t worry about anything usually) and that was the reason I made him go to the Drs... But looking back at it we now know that him being breathless..tired etc was all connected to the nasty C. 

It must be very frustrating for you but keep fighting for these appointments as you know your own body..if one scan comes back normal then that’s great but push for the other scans as you need answers.

I’m always here if you need a chat..and please let us know if you have any future appointments..

Take care x