Cancer diagnosis

Hello everyone . 

Just need to rant a little basically I was diagnosed with bowel liver and cancer of the blood three years ago after operations chemotherapy which was so intensive . I received the all clear in April this year . I had been suffering in pain for the last two months and wanted to get it checked so I had a ct scan carried out which has found cancer back in my bowels , pelvis and ovaries they have said that I will need 12 rounds of chemotherapy again and I am currently inoperable. Obviously being 28 and having three children I am devestated  that I will not be able to watch them lives their lives and want to make sure my side effects are kept at bay I have read about cannabis oils and other treatments I worry about talking to people face to face and was just hoping some people would be able to offer some advice 

TIA

• I'm very sorry to hear this, I don't really have any advice I just wanted to say hello X 

my dad has terminal small cell lung cancer & is going to start his second round of chemo next week. I lost my mum to stomach cancer 7 years ago. i have ordered some CBD oil for my dad to try, I'm not expecting it to cure him but it's worth a try? I've got nothing to lose from trying! 

My local paper (Derby telegraph) has recently ran 2 stories of 2 women, 1 was too ill for any treatment but tried the oil (with no other treatment) & the cancer has gone or not visible anyway?? The other was waiting to start chemo & I think it was about 1 month? Took the oil & when they rescanned her prior to chemo & the tumour had shrank enough to operate!!! 

Im not under any illusions that this is a miracle cure, I know my dads chemo right now is to just keep the cancer at bay (hopefully) & give us some more time. But I also think if I don't try I'll only regret it. 

I wish you the very best of luck & for a long pain free future (even with cancer) I'm 32 with 3 kids so I really feel for you X 

• Thank you I did read the post from the women in your local area and although I’m not looking for a cure even something to ease the pain or lengthen my life even a little is worth trying surely I am willing to do anything I just want to enjoy my children for as long as possible agree with you anything is worth a try I have also read that it really does help with the side effects of chemotherapy xx

• I’m so sorry to hear this. But I have faith you can fight it! Make sure you work with your doctor to decide what is best for you. Oh, I also tried a tea called Essiac that is supposed to help. 

I wish you much love and courage to win this battle. X

• Hello, 

I am so sorry to hear this. You are the same age as me and I feel desperately sad for you and your babies. I don't have any advice regarding treatment options. My Dad during his cancer journey did try cannabis oil but it wasn't as strong as it needs to be in order for it to work and as the previous poster said it isn't legal over here in the UK. My dad also tried Manuka honey and would have this daily. He thought anything was worth a try as he was battling bowel cancer that had spread to his lungs and liver. But unfortunately his cancer spread to his brain and left eye in April last year and he passed away in August. If your worried about pain hopefully the doctors can put your mind at ease by offering you pain relief as they need to make sure no patient is ever suffering or in any pain. Many people believe trying to keep as healthy as possible is also key, so a healthy diet and try to cut out sugar as apparently cancer loves feeding off sugar. Not sure what ones these are exactly but different types of oils etc are also thought to help. 

Feel fee to msg me if you ever want a rant, chat or a friend x 

• Hi everyone, 

I can see there's a lot of discussion about cannabis oil here so I just wanted to pop by and share this article we have on our science blog about the evidence for using cannabinoids to treat cancer which I hope you will find interesting and helps to clear up any confusion surrounding this topic.

Although there’s evidence emerging that molecules found in cannabis may one day be used to help people with cancer, we would advise against using black market or home-made preparations of cannabis oil. Not only is it illegal, but because it’s unregulated these products might be contaminated with harmful substances and vary in strength. Taking cannabis could also potentially interfere with other cancer treatments given to you by a doctor, as well as carry other side effects and risks.

We know this is a very sensitive issue but we would appreciate you keeping in mind our terms and conditions when discussing alternative therapies on the forum.

Kind regards, 

Steph, Cancer Chat Moderator

• Thank you I will look into this . I will speak to my consultants as well as have many questions lots of reading and studying done today