Cancer

If I could talk to cancer, there would be a lot of cussing, a lot of screaming and crying and just general destraught. I would start with the pain it causes, the hurt feelings and the pain its victims feel. The constant agony it put my Grandmother through, my Uncle and Daniel. Then I would move onto the families pain, because when someone gets cancer its not just them who feel the pain, when someone you love gets cancer you feel the pain too, the friends and families the people who love this person also get cancer. We feel everything and more, we have to live with the guilt of not getting cancer, we live with the guilt of being thankful it wasn't us and we have to live with the fact that everyday we watch the person we love in a constant battle to stay alive and we are useless, we cant help them in anyway we have so many limits to what we can do. We have to watch as the mother or father, husband or wife, son or daughter drifts away beyond where we can reach. That is the worst thing about cancer. Cancer takes so much away from us, much more than life. But cancer also gives, in a twisted way cancer attempts to give back. It brings people together, and makes you appreciate life and all it's wonders. It makes you want to live everyday to the full extent. So in some sick, twisted day I'm thankful for cancer - deep deep deep deep down. 

• Hi pops ... your thread has just blown me away ... so many times we try to explain feelings, thoughts, and just how and what this cancer journey does ... I've never read anything that has come as close as you have ... and like you said, l know l was well loved by family etc, but never dreamt just how much, l can't find the words ....

I felt more love then l ever thought possible... and yes I loved life before but now every day is a little mirical ... I'm sure if cancer could talk, it would hate us finding anything positive about it ... it loves to see us crumble ... l just hope cancer can read coz it would be blown away with all our cancer buddies on here taking it on ...

Thank you for writing on here ... l only popped in to take a peep ... but I'll never forget your post ... like you, myself and too many members of my family are going head to head with cancer ...

Bless ya ... big hug ... Chrissie xx 

• Love your picture of the sunset ... it says so much xx