Cancer

My dad died on Friday morning at 8.25 of bladder cancer he was 73,the last week has been the worse in my life so far..when people talk about cancer ,,you think chemotherapy,radiotherapy,operations,morphine,stays in hospital... but for me cancer is watching the person you care about in the last days of their life disappear before your eyes,cry out in pain,not speaking,hallucinating with the drugs,constant phone calls to doctors,district nurses,then its silence after its taken that person from you,I nursed my father from day one he lived 14 months after being diagnosed I am so upset tonight just cannot take it in 

• Hi Linzi. I'm so sorry for your loss and pain. It's dreadful I know. My partner passed away two weeks ago with lung cancer which then spread. She had chemo and numerous hospital stays eventually living at home for the last few weeks of her life. She had so many palliative and night nurses helping her due to her pain and deterioration it was heart breaking. Like your father Joan lasted 14 months from diagnosis. I  understand how lonely you get when a person you love dies then the house becomes silent. Just do your best to take each day as it comes. Grieve and cry for as long as you need. That's what I'm doing. Take care.

•          

Hi ,thanks for your kind reply,it must be so hard for you, sorry for the loss of your lovely

partner,you must be in bits.

My dad tried everything not one thing worked,but you always have hope things might change dont you?

I think when they go.. they take a piece of you away,its like a wave of loneliness sweeping over you,my

father died at home also, where he wanted to be and I was there holding his hand.. so its just running

around one minute looking after them,, to nothing,,, I am struggling with but am sure things will improve

for you and for me its just picking up the pieces again, God Bless you take care of yourself. Linzi