Calcifications

hello there...

had a mamogram last Tuesday and within 20 secs of it being seen I was told I need a core biopsy this Tuesday.

am *** myself to be frank.

primarily as they decided super quick I needed one. 

Im 44 and have always had issues with this boob...had a cyst removed 12 yrs ago and 3yrs ago my mamogram showed about 5 cysts. Apparently they don’t like the calcifications this time as they’ve changed from my last mamogram. 

Im fearing the absolute worst, I’m not sure I can take the wait for the results either...I’m an absolute mess. I’ve a 5 yr old and am self employed. If anything untoward comes up I’m not sure how I’ll cope ....I’ve already convinced myself it’s bad because the pain is contstant and because they immediately said I needed a biopsy 

sorry for sounding like a whinge bag 

• Hello!

Welcome to the forum!

I know it’s easy to say not to worry but it’s human nature that we do. The biopsy is being done to establish what type of mass you have in your breast. I have had 3 biopsies done and while we still don’t know what type of lump it is,it has been established that it is fibrous and benign. A lumpectomy scheduled for June will give the surgeon the answers. What I’m trying to say is please don’t think the worst because you are having a biopsy. 

You have come to the right place. This forum has been my saviour while I was waiting for my appointments and tests! What I can advise you is to try and keep busy - do you have any hobbies or interests? Also stay off google as it is a sure fire way to worry you even more! 

I’m sure the other breast ladies will be along to offer support shortly. Do keep us updated.

Marie xxx

• Thank you for your reply. I guess at least I don’t have any lumps just these suspicious calcifications. 

Im a Yoga teacher so and lift weights in my spare time...however can’t train after the biopsy apparently... as I’m self employed I’ll be teaching yoga Immediately after the biopsy .

youre right I do need to keep off google...can’t help it , im so impatient I want answers now so I can stop worrying 

xx