CA125 result 526

Hi I hope someone can help me.

i am beyond scared at the moment. I had an LAMN in 2017 and since then I have a 1,3,5 & 10 year tumour marking blood work and CT scans. I am between scans but have pelvic/lower back pain. My GP suggested doing the blood tests early to see if anything is going on. I suffer a lot with cysts and I have endometriosis. My CAe and ca199 came back fine but the CA125 can back as 526! This is incredibly high. I am going for an urgent CT scan tomorrow. Is it pretty certain that it is cancer what with being so high?? Anyone had a high ca125 and not had cancer? 

Thank you 

• Hi. I've been having tests and like you terrified about what all means. I've fibroids and the test results from the ca125 came back at 156. Ive done lots of reading in my anxiety and see that the levels can be caused by fibroids and endemetriosis. People can be diagnosed as having cancer with low levels of tumour markers. People can have high counts and not have cancer. Ur levels may be highlighting ur endometriosis hopefully. Ct scan will indicate if there's any concerns. I've had ct scan which shows fibroids. Just been for an mri. Hopefully your scan will resolve all this. Good luck. X

• Thanks for replying! At times like this, I feel so alone! I am trying to be positive and hope that the endometriosis is causing the high reading. I thought the higher the result the more likely... so you have helped me relax knowing a high ca125 can still be caused by something other than cancer. Ct tomorrow and hopefully I’ll get the results by the end of the week. Thanks again. Good luck to you too xx
  • Wondering how you got on? 

• hi there - thank you for thinking of me. I have a cysts that’s 11cm big... gynaecologist is removing in September. We are not sure if the cyst is related to the appendix tumour I had so am waiting on the consultants to confirm it’s just a cyst caused by endo. I feel much better! Cysts can make the CA125 high as you said... so am feeling positive... 

have you had your mri? Any news? X

• Hi I'm glad it's not what ur dreading. It gives you a shock those tests when you get a result like that. Still waiting on results from mri. Hopefully if there was anything serious I'd have had a call.