CA125

Hi everyone new here looking for some advice. Sorry for the long post. 

I'm 27, and have had this pain for 4 months now, on my left side, low down can pin point the exact spot. Been to the docs and was told it could be a cyst to monitor it for a month and given painkillers that didn't help even when doubling the dose. Went back to be told the same and they would refer me for US and given stronger painkillers. Ended up at out of hours as the pain seems to be every night and so severe I've been in bed crying that I'm dying only to be told I'm not pregnant go back to docs. This time I finally feel like they listened and had my Ca125 checked and given the pill to stop me ovulating to see if that helps with the pain. As this is common with cysts apparently? 

Anyway 4 days before I'm ment to call for my blood results the doc calls to say its came back 4x higher than its ment to be and she's trying to rush my scan forward. I'm freaking out! She's said not to worry as other things can raise it, but I'm really struggling. Please tell me others have had ca125 of 112 of close and it's not been C

Thanks 

• Hello Cl6 and welcome to the forum. 

I'm sorry to hear that you've been dealing with this health problem for a few months. Between managing your symptoms and not feeling like you're being listened to, it sounds as if it's been a very difficult time for you. 

Your GP is correct in saying that a rasied CA125 level can be caused by a number of problems. The level of CA125 in your blood can rise for many reasons including endometriosis, menstruation, ovarian cysts, and sometimes ovarian cancer and this is one reason why it cannot accurately be used as a screening test for ovarian cancer. 

We know that waiting for tests, results and appointments can be a really difficult time so I hope that she's been able to expedite your ultrasound. 

Do keep in touch and let us know how you get on. 

Best wishes, 
    Jenn
    Cancer Chat moderator

• Hi, how are you now, what happened at your scan..

Hope you are well xx