ca 125

I went to the doctors a couple of weeks ago with pelvic pain and really heavy periods. 
She requested for me to have some bloods and referred me for a scan which is on the 21st of Nov. 
I received my blood test results which came back I was low on iron and also my ca 125 was 49 and was told it should be under 35 so I've been urgently referred to a gynaecologist for further investigation because it could be linked to ovarian cancer.
Has anyone had raised levels that's turned out to be nothing? 
Is 49 classed as high?

I'm trying to be positive and not worry but apart of me can't help thinking the worst, I guess I'm looking for reassurance. 

• Hiya,

I had raised CA125 last year when I was being seen about an ovarian cyst. Similarly to you I was thinking the worst! However biopsies came back clear. My gynae surgeon told me that CA125 can sometimes be raised by other factors. I’m not sure if 49 is high or not personally. Naturally you’ll be thinking about it but it’s good you’re trying to think positive and your GP is moving quickly! Try not to worry too much as the raise may be caused by something else :)