Breast reconstruction

Any advice please on breast reconstruction. I am a year   after treatment and masectomy on right breast. I have a meeting with my Consultant to discuss this issue. There are various ways of reconstruction. I am unhappy every day wearing prothesis but am also nervous about the long operation and the outcome. I am in my late 60's. Not sure I am ready to make the decision but would like to hear of others experience.

Silver 

• Hello Silverdays

How did you get on with your appointment with the Consultant yesterday? I hope that you left the appointment feeling a little less unsure about things. 

Breast reconstruction is such a personal journey and I hope that if we have any ladies here who have been through surgery that they'll post to share their experiences with you. It's understandable that you're concerned about the length and outcome of the surgery. Unfortunately, there are no guarantees with any surgery so I hope that you left your appointment yesterday feeling supported to make the right choice for you. 

If you'd like to chat things through with one of our team of nurses you're most welcome to give them a call. I'm sure they will be happy to offer any advice, information, and support that they can. They're available on 0808 800 4040, Monday to Friday 9 am to 5 pm. 

Best wishes, 
    Jenn
    Cancer Chat moderator