Breast MRI

Hi, I am at high risk of breast cancer having the brca1  gene mutation. I am 30 years old now and did my first MRI scan. Everything came out well and benign. I did the scan on day 16 of my menstrual cycle and I know this is the last optimal day, I had a one day shorter cycle though so does that affect the accuracy of the results? Also I read that in many places the optimal days are 7 to 13 or 14. My question is would they see from the MRI that the timing wasn't optimal and repeat it if necessary? I'm getting a little anxious about this. Thank you in advance for your help!

• Hi llaa, 

Welcome to the forum and I'm glad to hear that the results from your MRI were all clear. I'm sure that was a relief. 

I'm afraid that I don't know the answer to your question. Do you have a contact nurse or Dr at the hospital that you're able to call to chat to about your query? If you don't then you'd be welcome to ring our team of nurses who may be able to answer your questions. They are available Monday to friday 9am to 5pm on 0808 800 4040. 

I hope this helps. 

Jenn
    Cancer Chat moderator