Breast lump

hi I’m 29 years old last few weeks I felt w change I. My left breast friends said it would be a cyst or a milk duct but I started to get pain near my arm pit I went doctors today and they confirmed they can feel a lump been referred to hospital not sure what to exspect trying to stay postive and not think the worst but also open minded about it being the something else any advice Would be greatful

• Hello Lisalou90

Welcome to the forum and well done done for taking the first step in getting this lump checked out. 
    It's important to remember that the majority of people who are seen at breast clinic do not go on to be diganosed with cancer. There are many reasons that could be causing your symptoms. 

I know that this doesn't nescessarily make the waiting easier. We know that most people who post here find waiting for appointments, tests and results to be a really difficult time. 

Hopefully you won't have to wait too long for your appointment. You might find it helpful to have a read through this Breast Cancer Now information page. You're also welcome to call our team of nurses for some advice and support. You can call them on 0808 800 4040, Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm. 

Do let us know how you get on. 

Best wishes, 
    Jenn
    Cancer Chat moderator